|Schramm Exclusive LoadSafe® trailer mounted automated pipe & casing handling system. LoadSafe® safely handles heavy drill pipe, drill collars and casing. The system features hands free operation, and is capable of handling diameters to 30 inches and lengths to 47 feet. Hydraulic racks allow for loading to and from pipe trailers positioned on either side of the rig. LoadSafe® is designed to safely lift tubulars from horizontal position into alignment with the tilting top head of the drill rig._____________________
View LoadSafe® Video:
The Schramm LoadSafe® FAQ
“unconventional pipehandler for unconventional plays”
Why a LoadSafe®?
- Current industry wide shortages of experienced rig hands dictate ease of operation, reliable performance and safety
- Economics of CBM, tight shales, unconventional gas plays require lower cost, safer pipe handling.
- Over 25 field proven Schramm LoadSafe® pipe handlers in operation since 2006.
What are some of the key features of Schramm LoadSafe®?
Click image to enlarge
- Handles all tubulars – drill pipe, collars and casing
- All hydraulic operation – fluid power takes the hard work out of rough necking
- Fast set-up – all hydraulic leveling and erection in minutes
- No derrick man – LoadSafe® automated pipe handler eliminates this position
- No racking board – tubulars are stowed horizontally on hydraulic racks
- No tongs – gripping jaws on the LoadSafe® allows make/ break of tool joints
- Less over-head lifting – LoadSafe® hydraulically raises and presents pipe to the tophead, eliminates lifting slings and tuggers – replaces the V-Door.
What is the capacity of the LoadSafe®?
- Range 3 tubulars up to 5000 lbs and 30 inch in diameter can be handled by the LoadSafe®.
What provides power to the LoadSafe®?
- Hydraulic power is provided by the Schramm drill thru hydraulic quick disconnect couplings.